Skip to content

Category: Studio Scale TESB TIE-Bomber

Studio Scale TIE-Bomber: Current status

2 months ago I finally got back to this project, when I borrowed a small lathe-setup, so I could lathe the circumventing panellines. That let to this:

After this I focused on the “centerpiece” between the two main tubes (also called the “chilidogs”). The part is scratchbuilt and detailed with parts from various 1/700 ship kits, and some 1/72 and 1/35 panzer. It goes without saying, that the parts are identical to the parts on the original filming miniature of the TIE-Bomber.

This and some smaller details end up in the current state:

Since this picture was taken, I’ve actually made new “chilidogs”, since it turned out, that the holes for the cross-tube was actually 1,5mm off center … oh bugger.

At the moment I’m awaiting certain donorkits, to be able to proceed. It has been in the mail for nearly a month now, so I fear that it is lost (not the first time that happens to me .. hmmmmpp )

Studio Scale TIE-Bomber: The beginning

I started this project over a year ago, but due to certain issues the project was put on the backburner fairly quick.

This is how it started:

A big pile of donorparts are PVC-tubes … not all donorparts are present .. some has been added since the picture was taken, and some are still to be purchased.

So this was what the project more or less looked like until 2 months ago….