Skip to content

Category: Model building

Big cleaning day

I see, that my blog is rather Maschinen Krieger heavy .. However, for the last year or so, my focus has moved more and more towards studio scale projects, and more and more away from Ma.K. … Not to say that studio scale is brand new to me.. I’ve been collecting info, references and donorkits for 6 or 7 years .. but I didn’t really build actively until a year ago … and more recently I started a couple of projects a couple of months ago that really did the difference for me.

So I’ve kind of decided, that I want to focus on studio scale projects and garage kits, and have a small selection of Ma.K, Anime figures and 1/350 IJN ships, to use as filler- and/or break-projects.

So I’ve looked through the piles of Ma.K. kits … and decided to sell a bunch of it, to make room (both physically and economically) for the bigger studio scale projects, and the more expensive studio scale garage kits.

 

So expect to see less Ma.K. and more Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica studio scale projects on this blog!

Finished: 1/20 Ma.K. Raccoon

Another Ma.K. kit finished this fall: The Raccoon

Built more or less OOB with sculpted joints, and a custom base. The suit is textured with Mr. Dissolved Putty, brushpainted with Vallejo Air and weathered with MIG Pigments

Some WIPs:

and the final result:

Finished: 1/20 Ma.K. Melusine

So I’ve finally finished a built, that has been going on for quite a while … well mostly due to lack of activity 😉

The project started as a complete resin kit from the company T.H.A.T., but since the casting quality was .. hmmm how to put it … well bullocks …. I decided to use only the resin body, and exchange the arms, legs and detail-parts with original parts from a Nitto Gustav and Heinrich kit.

This is what it looked like at the beginning:

Then I added some texturing with Mr. Dissolved Putty, and started on the primary colors:

Next step was to work on a camo-pattern

And this is where, I kinda forgot to take pictures …. so no pictures of the rest of the painting-, decals- and weathering-phase .. sorry

So lets get down to business … Here’s the end result:

Finished a Snake Eye

I’ve just finished my 1/20 Wave Snake Eye …

Not much to say, built out of the box, switched the pvc-“hoses” with Wave springs.

Textured with Mr. Dissolved Putty, brushpainted with Vallejo Air and weathered with MIG pigments

Here’s some pics:

Fine Molds 1/72 Star Wars Y-Wing

Well, this is an old project. Finished it 3 years ago, but I’ve never really gotten around to taking some proper pictures of it.

Not sure, if we can call the following pictures proper, but they are more or less the best I can do.

The kit is built almost OOB. Only additions are a backwall in the cockpit, some small pieces of liner and styrene for detailing and last but not least 2 new scratchbuilt vectorvanes.

Great little kit. I really enjoyed building it.

Nutrocker with new weathering

Well, it’s not actually a newly completed kit, since I finished it more than 2 years ago. However I recently had to redo the base, since the “earth” had lifted itself from the base.

So as I had to make a new base, and have since found a new and more realistic way to make earth and mud, I decided also to redo the weathering on my Nutrocker, so it blended better with the new base.

So enough said. I give you my Nutrocker V2 😀

nutrocker01

nutrocker02

nutrocker03

nutrocker04

nutrocker05

nutrocker06

nutrocker07

nutrocker08

The Kröte is finished

Weeeee .. I finally finished the Kröte. All that was left was to make a base, and a bit of weathering.

Not much to tell actually … I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves…. I hope they will at least 😀

done01

done02

done03

done04

done05

done06

done07

done08

done09

done10

done11

Close to the end … in a good way, I hope!

I’m getting close to the finishline with my Kröte, but it hasn’t been withouth tears.

I think I’ve broken just about every single possible part on the Kröte .. Even the legs … How fumbly can one guy be. 😀

But I got the legs repaired. However they’ve been glued in a position, which makes the model a bit “back-heavy”, and I fear that will result in another broken leg with time, so at the moment I’m considering either making a base, that tip the model a bit forward, or attack the glued knee-joints with a saw, to fix the posture.

Oh well .. enough whinning … let’s see some pics, of the kit prior to weathering.

1_27_04_09_12_42_44_0

1_27_04_09_12_42_44_1

1_27_04_09_12_42_44_2

1_27_04_09_12_42_44_3

 

I hope the next Kröte-post will be a “It’s finished” and not a “Oh well, I ended up smashing it against the wall” post 😀

Kröte – Ready for some paint

Not much to tell actually. Tried to finish this for a “Model in a month” campaign, but with 2 days left for the paintjob and weathering, it looks a bit grim. Oh well. I’m attending a modelshow in a week. I’ll see if I can get it ready for that!

krote09

 

krote10

 

krote11

 

krote12